WHEN BEST TO USE: Post exercise/training. Meal replacement or in cooking.
MAIN PURPOSE: Promotes Muscle Growth/ Recovery/ Fat Loss
- Use post workout. Meal replacer. Increase dietary Protein.
- Different proteins for different use.
- Scale of Absorption……Hydrolysed, WPI, WPC, Egg, Casein.
- May contain carbs and fats, which will depend on goal, position and work rate. i.e Building for key position/ Keeping lean for more agility/running role/ Bulking for pre-season/ Lean for during season.
- Protein will support muscle recovery and growth. Carbs within protein will restore glycogen levels and add calories.
- Most Whey based and contain Lactose excluding some Whey Isolates or Hydrolyzed Isolates. Plant based (rice or pea) or egg and soy are Lactose Free.
- Good to consume within 30 mins of workout “golden window of opportunity” (Muscles are looking for nutritional uptake and to repair).
- Help assist building muscle….for weight gain, or weight loss through increased Mitochondria.